Welcome to CUMC Children’s Ministry! If you are seeking information about the Countryside United Methodist Preschool, please click here.
The purpose of the CUMC children’s ministry is to create a loving and accepting community that fosters a lifelong Christian faith foundation for our children. We invite you to join us for any of our many ongoing activities!
Child care is available for our youngest disciples, children ages two weeks through five years old, and is provided during all worship services and most evening activities. Care is provided by our trained and certified staff, who want to share God’s love to the highest degree as they care for your children in a safe, warm, welcoming environment. Parent pagers are available to check out so that you can stay in contact with the staff in case of emergencies.
Sunday Morning Small Groups
We offer Sunday Morning Small Groups for children ages 3 – 6th grade, with classes that provide a curriculum engaging the Bible in fun and enlightening ways. We strive to provide self-directed activities to develop children’s independent learning skills and instill a life-long faith relationship. We have a special class for our Tweens (5th-6th grade) that engages them in increasingly hands-on mission projects as they continue to learn and grow. For more information or to register you child for Sunday School, please click here.
Wednesdays for Kids
Our Wednesday evening program for kids runs from September to May and provides a fun environment with different opportunities for kids to learn more, worship God, and make new friends. For more information about Wednesdays for Kids, visit here.
Other Special Events
- Vacation Bible School (July 10-14, 2017 from 9am-noon daily)
- End of Summer Family Blast (August 12, 2016 at 6:00pm)
- 3rd Grade Bible Presentation (September 18, 2016 at 11:00am service – please RSVP prior to that weekend)
- Trunk or Treat at Halloween (date TBA)
- Family Advent Workshop (Sunday, November 27th at 9:45am in lieu of Sunday morning small groups)
- Christmas Caroling (December 14, 2016 6-7:30pm)
- Children’s Christmas Program (December 18 at 4:30pm)
- Family Board Game Night (February 10 at 6-7:30pm)
- Easter Egg Discovery (Palm Sunday weekend – Saturday, April 8, 2017 10-11:30am)
There is always something fun going on at Countryside’s Children’s Ministry!
For more information, please contact our Coordinator of Children’s Ministries, Becky Ericson, or call 785.266.7541.
For our partners in ministry who are seeking Safe Gatherings certification, online certification is available HERE.